We’re super happy to announce that we have a second location for this year’s National Day of Civic Hacking event in Tampa Bay, on August 11! In addition to our St. Petersburg location, generously provided by the Academy at the Suncoast Developers Guild, we’re grateful to The Ledger, Brianna Bond and Covered Web Services for donating space use at the Industrious Office on Franklin Street in Tampa, and for support from Hillsborough County .
Select your preferred location when you register
At our Tampa location, we’ll be working on these projects:
- Metropolitan Ministries – to help develop an intelligent chatbot to better direct those in need to most appropriate services (Tampa NDCH)
- Winners’ Resource Center – A more efficient resource for non-profits and companies to share their information with those in need in the Tampa Bay area (Tampa NDCH)
- Pasco Agents for Change – helping this newly created nonprofit develop an advocacy website and tools to aid their efforts to improve diversity and inclusion in Pasco County Public Schools (Tampa NDCH)
In St. Petersburg, we’ll be working on these:
- The Greenhouse – a platform for St. Pete’s Grow Smarter Initiative (St. Pete NDCH)
- Arts Conservatory for Teens – Grant tracking database/system (St. Pete NDCH)
As well as other projects participants may be interested in developing at each location. We’ll share more information about these groups and their projects in the next few weeks.
Winning solutions will be chosen by agency representatives, and winners will receive trophies and the opportunity to continue developing their hackathon challenge solution into fully working models for the relevant civic agencies.
Please join us!